Benefits of Membership in the IEEE Power & Energy Society Include:
- Free subscription to PES award-winning Power & Energy magazine
- Free digital subscription to Electrification magazine
- Free access to over 1000 technical reports, tutorials, videos and presentations on the PES Resource Center
- Free membership in your local PES chapter
- Discounts at dozens of PES sponsored or co-sponsored conferences and meetings in your area and around the world
- Discounts to technical tutorials
- Access to dozens of live and archived technical and professional development webinars
- Receive Continuing Education Units or Professional Development Hours by attending our Plain Talk Series
- Discounted subscription rate to five PES and four Sister Society peer-reviewed technical journals
- An IEEE membership also include many benefits. Learn more here.
How to Join PES
Joining IEEE and PES is easy. You must first be an IEEE member. A discounted e-membership is offered for residents of GDP-limited countries. Discounted rates are also available for people with special circumstances, such as loss of employment, retired or disabled. Complete information about IEEE dues is found here.
Once you become an IEEE member, PES membership is only US$35 per year.
Membership Benefit and Promotional Materials
- Member Benefits Brochure
- 2019 Presentation on PES Membership (PDF)
- PES Promotional Flyers. Download and print for your chapter’s next event.
Flyer 1 and Flyer 2.
- Student Membership Flyer
- Affiliate Membership Flyer
- Technical Activities Flyer
- Senior Membership Flyer
- Membership Certificate
- Steps to download and print your certificate: Log into Collabratec here >>, Click on your name in the top right of the screen and select “Member Certificates” from the drop-down menu, from the “Member Certificates” page, click on the “Download PDF” link to the right of “IEEE Power & Energy Society Membership”, Open the PDF and print it. Proudly display in your workplace.
There are several grades of membership in PES and IEEE. Read below and follow the links to the left to learn more about the different grades of membership.
Member: Nearly two-thirds of PES members fall into this category of membership. Practing engineers and academics that have not met or applied for Senior Member are in this category. Learn more about PES Member benefits.
Student Member: Students are eligible for the Student Member grade. Student members pay reduced fees for membership, and often receive discounts and special support at PES conferences and events. Learn more about PES Student Membership.
Graduate Student Member: Our graduate students fall into the Graduate Student Member grade. They are eligible for the same discounts as Student Members, but the Graduate Student Member grade reflects the advanced nature of their studies. Graduate students are also eligible for a free first year of PES membership. Learn more about PES Graduate Student Membership.
Senior Member: The Senior Member grade is a granted by the IEEE. Senior member is the highest grade for which IEEE members can apply. IEEE members can self-nominate, or be nominated, for Senior member grade. Learn more about becoming a Senior Member.
Life Member: A special IEEE membership designation given to individuals based on years of IEEE membership and their age.
Fellow: IEEE Fellow is a distinction reserved for select IEEE members whose extraordinary accomplishments in any of the IEEE fields of interest are deemed fitting of this prestigious grade elevation. Learn more about becoming an IEEE Fellow.
Affiliate Member: Affiliate members are PES members that are not IEEE members. They do not receive IEEE benefits, but receive PES benefits. Learn more about becoming a PES Affiliate Member.